Our regular users will already know, but it's worth a reminder that I would appreciate you reporting any dodgy/offensive/obtrusive adverts appearing anywhere on Autosport.com and the forums. You can post in this thread, contact me on the forums or E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
We have a blanket ban on the following (this isn't an exhaustive list):
- Ads which break the site (obviously)
- Inappropriate content such as pornography and hate speech
- Adverts which automatically play with sound
- Adverts which expand to cover up content (without you clicking or otherwise allowing it to do so)
- Adverts which automatically redirect you to another page (without you clicking/tapping on them)
We have two types of adverts on the site. Our internal ads team sell campaigns directly, and these should be high quality campaigns for things which are relevant to motorsport (eg. tickets to races, car manufacturers and engineering companies who appear in motorsport, etc). These will be targeted by country, so you will see a much higher of these if you're in the UK, the US/Canada, Australia or Europe.
Where we haven't sold a campaign directly, we work with third party ad networks to "backfill" the ad impressions. We work with networks who we trust to stick to our rules, and to kill off any ads which break these rules as soon as we know about them. The content of these ads will sometimes be based on your cookies and past browsing, but they still have to conform to our rules. We're able to keep a close eye on what sort of creative they're running on our site in the UK, but I need our readers to let me know if something dodgy is running anywhere else in the world!
If you're reporting anything, here's what I need to know:
- Where you are in the world
- Which device you're using (specifically, computer/tablet/mobile phone)
- If possible, the URL which adverts are sending you through to
- If the problem is with the look of the ad, a screenshot